Garlic-Roasted Cauliflower

Last weekend we visited our local Border's Bookstore which, unfortunately, was going out of business.  One of the three cookbooks I bought was "How Easy Is That" by Ina Garten.  I've got over a dozen post-it's in the book, this was one of them.
We roast veggies here at least twice a week, sometimes more.  I thought I had pretty much figured out roasting veggies.  Wrong!  This roasted cauliflower was delicious!

I used a walnut infused Olive Oil (of course from The Olive Grove Olive Oil Company).


The smell in the house was amazing!  One bite and we were hooked.  Dave and I finished an entire head of cauliflower!


I served it with grilled ham steak and some great Italian bread.




Garlic Roasted Cauliflower

From How Easy is That? by Barefoot Contessa
Serves 6

1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 head of garlic, cloves separated & unpeeled
4 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil {divided}
1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Begin by toasting the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, until lightly golden {about 5 minutes}. Be careful! Nuts burn quickly. Set aside.


Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil & add the garlic cloves. Boil for 15 seconds, drain & peel the skins off. If the cloves are large, cut them in half.

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Lay the cauliflower out on a baking sheet & toss with the garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until the cauliflower is just tender & lightly browned.

Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a bowl & add the parsley, pine nuts, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil & lemon juice. Toss to combine & serve.

1 comment:

  1. OH! And I forgot to mention I used about half the amount of olive oil called for in the recipe and it was plenty. A quarter cup of oil seemed like a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts