Spicy Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup

YUM!  I've been wanting to try this soup for a while now and finally got to it today.

It's delicious!  We were amazed at how you can taste the smokiness of the blue cheese but you don't lose the tomato flavor.  The kitchen smelled amazing while it was simmering!  If you don't like heat be careful!  It's got heat!  Dave and I like heat and it was almost too much for us.  Next time I make it I would probably cut back on the sriracha sauce.

I did make one other substitution.  I'm trying to keep the weight I lost off and having a soup with both 1/2 a cup of blue cheese AND heavy cream seemed a bit much.  So I used fat free half and half in place of the heavy cream.  I also didn't do the straining step.  We were hungry!  Still a delicious soup!

I had some crusty sour dough left over so I drizzled it with some basil infused EVOO and toasted it in the oven for a garnish.  Delish!  We had the soup with chicken salad sandwiches.  The heat of the soup with the cool of the sandwich made a great combination.


Here's a link to the recipe:  Spicy Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts