Can you make chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) taste good?

I saw this recipe in my Good Housekeeping magazine and thought it sounded interesting and the picture looked like a fun snack.  I'm not a big fan of chickpeas.  I'll eat them if they are mixed in something but they aren't a food I seek out.

The recipe was really easy.  Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, toss with oil, coriander, cayenne and salt then some flour and bake.


What the recipe doesn't say is these things pop just like popcorn.... all over the inside of my new oven!  If you decide to try them, I would suggest you loosely tent foil over the pan to save yourself some cleanup later.

In the jelly-roll pan
Done!
The first one I tried I wasn't too impressed, but I munched on a few more.  They weren't bad.  Then they cooled off.  Yea, not so good cold.

So, can you make chickpeas taste good?  Momentarily.  As soon as they cooled the crispy shell became soggy and that with the mushy texture of the chickpeas became something I didn't really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts