Grilled Rosemary Pork Loin and Lemon Potatoes

My Entertaining magazine, from Cook's Illustrated, arrived yesterday.  I was flipping through it and nearly every recipe in it sounded good!  We bought our first rosemary plant of the season and smell has me wanting everything with rosemary!  So we decided to try two today, Grilled Rosemary Pork Loin and Lemon Potatoes.


I'd never butterflied a pork loin before.  It was surprisingly easy!

Parsley, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil are mixed together then spread on the butterflied pork.


It is then rolled and tied, rubbed with some olive oil then coated with salt and pepper before heading for the grill.


The pork loin is sealed then cooked with indirect heat until it's done.  Let it rest 15 minutes then enjoy!


The potatoes were equally as easy.  They are first steamed in chicken broth, lemon juice and smashed garlic until they are tender.


The liquid is then boiled off, oil added (I used a garlic infused EVOO) and they are browned.  The final step is to toss them with lemon zest, chopped garlic and parsley.  I love the flavor of roasted garlic so I threw the garlic in the pan as the potatoes were browning.  Yum!


I served the pork and potatoes with my favorite salad of mixed greens, goat cheese, craisins, toasted almonds and a dressing made of blood orange EVOO and flavored balsamic.  This time I used a black cherry flavored balsamic.


The pork was very good, but to be honest, we enjoy a pork tenderloin rubbed with Penzey's Northwoods Fire or Galena Street Rub just as well.  That being said, this is a very pretty dish and I do love the rosemary!  It would be a fun one to serve to guests (probably why it's published in an Entertaining magazine!).

The potatoes were really good!  I will definitely make those again.  They had a great fresh, bright lemon flavor with just a hint of garlic.  And, considering summer may actually arrive, it's a nice alternative to heating up the oven to 400+ degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts