Grilled Green Tomatoes with Red and Yellow Tomato-Basil Salsa

We went to Farmer's Market this weekend.  I just love Farmer's Market.  I wanted to buy everything!  We settled on some yummy tomatoes for a caprese salad I was making for dinner with friends.

You can't just by two tomatoes at Farmer's Market, it's always a basketful.  What to do with all these beautiful tomatoes with just Dave and I to eat them?


So I started searching for recipes and I found this one on the My Recipes site.  It sounded good and, more importantly, I had all the ingredients in the house.

Here is a LINK to the recipe.  It says it's 6 servings but I think it's more like 8 if you are serving it as a side.

First, the green tomatoes are sliced and allowed to marinate in olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.  While that's chilling you make the salsa.  Pretty simple, just dice up the ripe tomatoes, onion, basil, red pepper and jalapeno and add lime juice, salt and pepper.


I left about half of the seeds in the jalapeno because we like a little heat.  It was perfect!  If you don't like heat take them all out, or leave the jalapeno out altogether.  It will still be a great salsa.


After marinating you grill the green tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes on a side then serve them topped with the salsa.  Dave looked a little nervous.  I think this was the first green tomato he's ever had, but we both really liked it!

I served this dish with pork tenderloin and some roasted fingerling potatoes.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts