Mmmmmm... Chicken Tandoori

I was surfing Food Network Magazine and saw this recipe.  The picture made it look wonderful, the ingredients sounded yummy, and the directions so easy I just had to try it.

Chicken Tandoori Recipe

The recipe calls for chicken thighs.  Neither my husband or I really care for dark meat so I used chicken breasts.

After a quick toss in lemon juice, the chicken is marinated in a paste made of yogurt, vegetable oil, chopped onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, tomato paste, coriander, cumin, paprika and salt. I used my favorite smoked paprika (from Penzey's of course).  I could tell by the smell this was going to be good.

 Cook's note here, I love the tomato paste in the tube!  Most recipes call for a tablespoon, maybe two of tomato paste then I always end up wasting the rest of the can.  The paste in the tube will keep much longer in your frig!




After marinating for 15 minutes you just put the chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and broil until done.  Another product plug here, I love the Reynolds Wrap Release foil!  I use it whenever I am cooking or baking something that tends to stick to the pan and make clean up painful.  It works like a charm!


While the chicken is cooking you mix a little yogurt with some more paprika, and, according the recipe, cilantro.  I do not like cilantro.  It's the one thing that I won't even bring in the house!

The serving suggestion is with a side of rice but I was in a couscous mood tonight so I made the Barefoot Contessa Couscous with Toasted Pine nuts.  I tried wheat couscous this time.  I like it!  I actually think I like it better than the regular couscous.  It has "wheat" in the name so it must be better for me, right?


I also made a salad with some nice mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, purple onion and feta cheese.  I topped that with a little vinaigrette made from that yummy Tuscan Herb flavored EVOO from The Olive Grove and a little 18 year balsamic.  A good dinner.

Dave says I can make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts