Hoisin Pork Tenderloin from the Noble Pig

I have been wanting to try this recipe since my sister-in-law first introduced me to the Noble Pig blog.  It sounded so good!  It requires time to marinate and with our crazy schedules lately I just never found the time to get it put together so it could marinate.

I got tired of waiting for the perfect time so last week I decided it would get to marinate for as long as I had and that would just have to be good enough.  Turns out it got about 45 minutes to marinate that first time I made it.  It was so good I had to make it again this weekend.

We picked up a beautiful pork tenderloin from Otis Family Farm at the St. Paul Farmer's Market Saturday morning and started it marinating when we got home.  That way it would have a good 5 or 6 hours to marinate this time.


The marinade is simple, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onions, rice vinegar and garlic.  Mix it up, add pork, let it sit for 2 hours or overnight then cook it up.


The recipe calls for cooking the pork in the oven but we decided to throw it on the grill.

While the meat is cooking you reduce the left-over marinade to make a thick, delicious sauce which is then topped with some sesame seeds.  The original recipe called for the seeds to go on before the pork went in the oven.  To get that toasty flavor I just toasted them in a pan before serving.

This is another winner from Noble Pig!  The pork is tender and juicy and if you like Asian flavors you'll love this pork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts