Wild Alaskan Halibut Fish Tacos

We love fish tacos!  And with this new recipe I think we'll be having them more often.  Yes, another winner from the Noble Pig.  I wonder if they would adopt me?  I can't imagine all the wonderful food I'd get to taste!

Here's a LINK to the recipe.

These were simple and delicious.  I don't think you need to use halibut specifically but we love halibut so that's what we used.

The star of the dish to me was the Chipotle Lime Mayo.  Wow was this good!  Just enough heat from the chipotles in adobo and a great tang from the lime zest and lime juice.  I didn't make mayo this time, I purchased it.  I tried the mayo with olive oil in it.  This is pretty good stuff!  I didn't find any off-flavors or anything (I was sort of expecting it as I've found most "light" mayonnaise do taste funny).  This one was really good and you can taste the olive oil.


Making the fish is a snap.  It's your typical breading process, flour, egg then something crunchy, in this case panko.  Then they are pan fried, simple!







In addition to the fish and mayo, some frozen corn is sauteed with a little chili powder.  I used chipotle chili powder but any will do.  This brings some bright color to the tacos, a little different texture and the sweetness from the corn itself.



Put it all together and you have one delicious dinner!  I added some of my favorite spicy Wholly Guacamole too.  Can't have tacos without that!  I served it with a side of black beans and rice.  Dave says I can make this again.



The mayo was so good I had to have it for breakfast!  I sauteed up some peppers, onions and tomatoes fresh from Farmer's Market yesterday and added it to some eggs and sausage then topped it with a little cheese and some of that delicious mayo.  Served it with a side of left-over rice and beans and homemade English muffins.  Can you say stuffed?  Now I have to go walk it off.... those sad eyes are staring at me from across the desk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts