Pumpkin Gnocchi

I'm back!  I can't believe it's been a month since my last entry.  Work has just been insanely busy (including a week of working from 1:00AM to at least 2:00PM every day) and it has really been interfering in my real life.  There is no real end in sight to the crazy at work, but I am going to try very hard to get enough sleep so that I can get back to what I love to do, cook, bake and tell you all about it!

A couple of weeks ago I pinned a recipe for Pumpkin Gnocchi.  Of course this time of year there are a million recipes out there using pumpkin.  Thanks to Chef Janiak from Seghesio, I learned that gnocchi is really not that hard to make.  This recipe called for browned butter, walnuts and parsley.  I love browned butter and I immediately decided I would substitute fresh sage for the parsley!

Here is a link to the recipe:
Pumpkin Gnocchi

All of the ingredients (there are four of them, flour, pumpkin, nutmeg and and egg) are mixed in a bowl to form a soft dough.



The dough is rolled out and cut into about 1" pillows.  A while ago (like many months), I found a gnocchi board and just had to buy it.  I finally had an opportunity to use it!  With the gnocchi board I made these pretty gnocchi!





The cooking couldn't have been easier, boil until they float then saute them in the butter with walnuts and sage.  I love the smell of sage!



I served these as a side with some pork tenderloin and another new dish I tried, Roasted Squash with Pancetta and Brussels Sprouts.


How were they?  Flavor-wise they were amazing!  To be honest I couldn't taste much pumpkin.  But there was a perfect balance of nutmeg, toasty browned butter and sage.  The nuts gave the dish a nice crunchy texture.  My gnocchi turned out a bit more dense than I like so maybe next time I'll cut back on the flour a little.  But I will make these again.  I had a delicious, uncommon side dish in less than 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts