The best laid plans... lead to lemon pepper linguini and eggs!


I had big plans for the weekend.  Sunday is my mother's birthday and for the past few years I've been traveling to Green Bay and making dinner for her and a select few of her friends.  Well, this year I didn't get that planned soon enough so I decided I would just surprise her and my brother and his family.

Through some recon I found out that mom would be at my brother's because my nephew was in a basketball tournament this weekend.  So I started planning the menu, buying ingredients, arranged for the kids down the block to take care of the dogs and booked our hotel room.


I was planning on making lemon pepper linguini with shrimp and asparagus served with homemade Italian garlic bread and, of course, birthday cake for dessert.  For the picky eaters I had traditional lasganetta and red sauce. 

And then I got sick.  Actually I've been sick for a little over a week but it got to the point I couldn't power through it anymore.  I went to the doctor and, based on my symptoms I have a sinus infection and/or a virus that has been going around.  A guy I work with has been battling this since December.  I sure hope I kick it faster than that!  


So we called off the trip so I can have a relaxing weekend at home.

As a result of this failed trip, we have LOTS of Sunrise Creative Gourmet lemon pepper linguini in the freezer!  This is delicious pasta.  If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.  Toss it with a little olive oil and serve it with salmon or shrimp, delicious!


I also had a big loaf of homemade bread. 





This morning I got thinking, could I use it for breakfast?  Maybe a breakfast pasta egg scramble thingy?  I got to work!

I started by sauteing some onions in some lemon infused EVOO from The Olive Grove Olive Oil Company.  I like it when the onions are caramelized!



I boiled up some of the pasta, it only takes a few minutes, then tossed it in the pan with the onions, some beaten eggs and a little smoked ham.  It only took a couple of minutes to cook.  I topped it with a little freshly shaved Parmesan and a side of toast made with that homemade bread.  The verdict?  We loved it!



I still have A LOT of lemon pepper linguini in the freezer.  I wonder if I could use it in a dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts