Perfect Fall Appetizer - Pumpkin Bruschetta

I love bruschetta.  What's not to like?  Good bread, olive oil and yummy toppings.  I've topped those tasty pieces of bread with lots of different things, meats and cheeses, tomatoes and basil, fruit and cheese, but never pumpkin so I just had to try this recipe.

Here is a link:
Pumpkin Bruschetta

Like all bruschetta recipes, this one is a snap to put together.  I picked up a pumpkin at Farmer's Market, chopped it up (that's not easy!), tossed it with a little olive oil and put it in a nice hot oven to roast.


While that was roasting I toasted the pine nuts, sliced up the bread, shaved the Parmesan and sliced up the green onions.  The recipe never said what to do with the pine nuts but I like them so I toasted them and threw them on top too!




Once the pumpkin was roasted and nice and caramelized, I toasted up the bread and added the toppings.



I then drizzled each piece with a little balsamic seasoning from Cavalli.  I didn't make the syrup because I knew I had this amazing balsamic seasoning in the house.



This was delicious!  Sweet pumpkin, crunchy nuts and onions, tangy balsamic on perfectly toasted bread.  I will definitely make this again.  The only change?  I'll probably just use butternut squash instead of pumpkin.  It's far easier to prep!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts